Education: High School Diploma or GED
Requirements: Knowledge of basic cleaning skills. Must be able to work independently.
General Duties: The custodian is responsible for maintaining the church building in a clean and serviceable condition and having it ready for all scheduled events.
Hours of Work: Approx. 10 hours per week with extra hours if needed for special events.
Reports To: Pastor of Church
Evaluation: Evaluations are by members of the Staff Parish Relations Committee with input from the Pastor. There will be an evaluation after the first three months and annually thereafter.
Sanctuary: Dust, vacuum, check chair surfaces weekly and clean as needed
Altar area and AV Room: clean as needed
Fellowship Hall: Sweep and wet mop floors, dust, clean tabletops, organize tables and chairs according to next event, and empty waste containers
Kitchen: Sweep and wet mop floors, dust, empty waste containers, check sinks, garbage disposal and countertops weekly and clean as needed
Office Areas, Conference Room, and Music Room: Dust, vacuum, and empty waste containers (waste containers in offices may need to be emptied more often)
Nursery: Dust, vacuum, empty waste containers, clean table tops
Hallways: Sweep and auto scrub floors, dust, and clean the water fountains
Bathrooms: Clean partitions, toilets, sinks, mirrors and all fixtures, wet mop floors, check toilet paper, towel and soap dispensers, and restock as needed
Windows: Clean windows between hallway and sanctuary, windows in exterior doors
- Clean walls as needed
- Sweep exterior walk areas
- Clean interior windows as needed
- Replace light bulbs as needed, except in Sanctuary
- Supplies when needed are picked up from Ace. In Custodians absence, talk to Office Manager about procedure
- Make sure trash and recycling are in proper containers for Wednesday collection
- Check preschool room during the summer and clean as needed
- Notify church office of any building problems or maintenance issues
- Set up/clean up (sanctuary and fellowship hall) for funerals, weddings, and special events
Carpet shampooing done by a company
Fellowship Hall and kitchen floor buffing done by service monthly
Fellowship Hall and Kitchen stripping and waxing of floors once a year by service